Things About Water Damage Restoration
- Water Removal and Water Damage Restoration
- Bursting Pipes
- Laundry Room
- Water Heater, HVAC Unit
- The Way Restoration Control Fight Water Damage
- First Contact...Your call...
- Second, Reaching at your home
- Third, settlement of equipment
- Fourth, preparation of area for water extraction and drying
- Fifth, we initiate water extraction process
- Sixth, removal of damaged damped material
- Seventh, mold growing evaluation
- Eight, drying of the area
- Dehumidification process
- Finally we clean-up and sanitize your home
- Restoration Control advise about Water Damage
- First, if you area is flood, evacuate it
- Second, shut off electricity...
- Third, to stop Water Damage...
- Fourth, open windows and door to air your home...
Water Removal and Water Damage Restoration
Everyone knows water is a very important element but it is also a very damaging when producing a large number of losses known by Water damage. Some water damages at home are rotting of wood, growth of mold, rusting of steel, de-laminating of materials such as plywood, and many others. Those damages are a terrible nightmare for you! To solve that, you require a trustable Water Damage Restoration that Restoration Control provides you. You had water damage on weekend? No worries…Restoration Control is there for you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days in the year. Since the moment you call us in need of help for water damage, we start assisting you. Our main concern is the client’s tranquility. We advise our clients about some actions to take meanwhile we arrive to the place of the event. After your call, we get to your place within an hour. As soon as we get there, our highly qualified personnel take control of the situation. You can be calm down because we care about you. We take care of your home, your beloved home and we make our best effort to preserve the integrity of everything inside your house. And of course, we take care of your and your family safety.
We consider important you be aware about the reasons that cause water damage at home. Here the list of most common.
- Bursting Pipes (aged, improper maintenance). Different reasons might burst your pipes: like age, corrosion, water pressure or lack of maintenance damage your pipes. After a long period, tubes can burst; plastic one can cracked after long periods of use, starting water damages; metal ones, like those made of galvanized iron, are damaged by corrosion after long periods of usage; the oxide may cause pipes burst; abnormal water flow can lead water damage because a pipe can burst; it may happen that the pressure increases and the pipes are not able to contain it, causing a rupture. Taking care about them by timely maintenance will safe your home.
- Laundry Room (washing machine). The laundry area is a hot point for water damage. The washing machine, according to some studies, is one of the top 10 leading sources of residential water losses. The national average claim for water damage caused by washing machines is over $5,000. It is essential you be aware about all the possible reasons why your washing machine is a potential bomb that originates water damage at home. Making a brief list, we can start mentioning the failure of a supply hose; they are conducts through which more than 600 gallons of water run in an hour…can you image the disaster that an out of order supply hose start? Can you imagine all that water running along your house? Surely a big mess.
- Kitchen. Leaking sinks are a common incident in the kitchen. Even though after being fixed, the water damage remains. But in your kitchen, there are plenty of appliances besides the sink that are connected to water lines and eventually they might leak: dishwashers, garbage disposals, or refrigerators, all of them in somehow, might drop water on the walls, floors or cabinets; water around them originate the peeling of the paint, the rooting of the wood and cabinets, the mold growing, among others situations. All this water damage resulting from leaks, for sure requires Water Damage Restoration Services. Water damage in the kitchen is resulting from broken valves, cracked faucets or ruined drainpipes. A proper maintenance can prevent that a clog garbage disposal or a clog of tubing that connects to the dishwasher ends in a water catastrophe. It is possible that water damage was not notice until wood from cabinets or floor was already full of mold; but in any situation, a water damage restoration service would allow you to keep your kitchen on track.
- Bathroom (bath tub, toilet, sink). If there is a place at home where everything drops water that is the bathroom! But water in the bathroom has its right place and when it moves along the wrong place, then Water Damage start. It is interesting to point out that in appearance, bathroom items might look really robust, but they are really easy to break. And in consequence, they produce water damage. Water supply lines can be ease to break down and can flood your bathrooms and places close to them. Toilet bowls seems to be so solid, but no matter how, they can crack and start dripping water; the same as the bathtub, that can fissure. At the beginning it is a tiny fissure but water dripping each day can increase and collapse in serious water damage. When the water damage is on a upper floor bathroom, the consequences go far from just the bathroom or the room around it, because this kind of damage is connected to ceiling leak. If you have any source of water damage in the bathroom upstairs, leaks on the ceiling of first floor will be over you. The ceiling will have seepage, the paint will pill and in the worse setting, your ceiling might be full of mold. Water damage restoration services have to be carried out in two stories of your home. In case of emergency, Restoration Control can take the control.
- Pipes. (obstruction causing overflows or bursting). Your house is traversed by pipes from front to back, up and down. If an obstruction happens in any part of them, of the pipes, water damage will flood everything for sure. Each day, gallons of water flow along the pipes. Clean water and sewage runs along the place. Along with water in drainpipe, other issues also flow: hair, pieces of soap, rest of food, and others stuff, go along and can obstruct pipes. The obstruction of pipes provokes overflow or bursting of pipes. Any of the two, is the beginning of water damage. Sometimes previous works at home can also damage your pipes: tubing of electrical installations not settled properly, for example, can interfere in the pipes; waste from brickwork might be dropped accidentally inside the pipes and obstruct them. Any of the above initiate overflow or bursting of the pipes. Aging of the pipes is a hint that matters. Plastic pipes can be damaged by cracks or deformed by extremely heat. You must check them frequently to see if they are in good conditions.
- Water Heater, HVAC Unit. HVACs, (heating, ventilating and air conditioning units), are also common reason of water damage. If maintenance is not handled properly, you might face extensive water damage. Air conditioners in particular require regular servicing, and when not maintained properly they can cause moisture buildup. When the moisture cools, it can interact with mold spores in the air conditioning ducts and encourage mold to grow inside.
Some factors are determinant in water damage caused by HVAC. 1°, the drainage. Inside the systems, water is active; air conditioning systems have a drain line through condensed water is wasted. If that drain line is broken or clogged, the HVAC leaks. 2°, the pumps. They also promote the drainage of condensed water. If the pump does not function, water drips. 3°. Clogged air filter. Everything at your HVAC must work smoothly; if it is not, for sure it will split water and you will be exposed to suffer water damage at home. Another feature that makes HVAC spills water is:4° a dirty evaporator coil. If it is dirty, it will not cool and water will drip. 5°. Cracked drain pan. A cracked drip pan will permit water to leak directly out of the pan and onto your system. 6°. Low refrigerant. This can cause problems like insufficient cooling, which can waste energy and make it drips. 7° Condensation buildup within ductwork. If this is your main concern, water may leak to your ceiling. As you can see, any disruption of the normal functioning of HVAC conveys to water damage at home. Maybe you think they are just drops, but in time, they humidify the environment and damage floor, walls and ceilings and you will need Restoration Control to fulfill your requirements in restoration field.
- Now it is the time to talk about your roof…it receives water from rain and if it is not O.K, you will be advertised very abruptly by leaks over your head, over your furniture or over your electrical appliances. These leaks brings into your home Water damage. Contrary to another problems at home that causes water damage, to handle leaks on the roof is really tough. You must not try to solve the problem by yourself because it is more hazardous than in any other situation: you have to go top of the roof, exposing you to fell down and got serious injuries.
- Do not skimp money when you have leaks. Call a Water Damage Restoration Service to fix everything related to leaks. Restoration Control can answer your call in just short time.
The way Restoration Control fight Water Damage
Never let important responsibilities on inexperienced hands…Restoration Control technicians are the ones! We know exactly the right procedure to mitigate the eventuality and you ended up with a big smile knowing that you are doing well at hiring the best team. We use only the best equipment, strategies and planning so water damage will be solved in short time, and in optimal way.
First contact...Your call…Our personal will answer your call providing accurate information, giving you the right instructions for acting while our team reached your home. You are important for us. So we care about you.
Second, reaching at your home. When our equipment get to your home, they will make a professional inspection for the evaluation of the damages, they will give you a complete analysis of the situation explain you all the water damage restoration procedure. Remember that our main concern is your safety. We are there to help you. An open communication is important for us, outstanding client´s need and satisfaction. We try to be supportive with our clients. During the evaluation of water damage area, we seek if ulterior damages happened and if those correspond to the reported damages.
Third, settlement of equipment. To prepare equipment for water damage restoration to initiate the water damage process; the technician measured the magnitude of the water damage. Depending on the damage, we select the equipment’s and techniques to use for the job. We have a vast array of equipment’s and each of them is selected for your particular reality.
Fourth, preparation of area for water extraction and drying. To get this goal, we clear the area: furniture, equipment’s or appliances are moved out of the affected area. It is indispensable that the area has been empty before starting extraction and drying.
Fifth, we initiate water extraction process. At having the right equipment previously selected after the diagnostic, we extract the water. After water extraction, using high qualities products, we clean and sanitize the area. Then, we take pictures again to keep a procedural record of our job.
Sixth, removal of damaged damped material. After the area is dried, technicians evaluate the damages again. If it necessary to remove wood, carpets, baseboard, tiles or any other damaged item. After the removal, our team clean and sanitize the area again.
Seventh, mold growing evaluation. Mold grows in damped humid areas. When water is not removed on time, mold might start to grow. If that is your eventuality, we make containment which consists of avoiding the spread of mold to other areas.
Eight, drying of the area. Once the area is set, equipment’s for dehumidification process are installed. We never install these equipment’s if we are not 100% that the drying process is complete. The hygiene of your home is extremely important for us. If we set equipment’s over a wet floor, the mess will flood your home again.
Uff…yes…to many steps…we provide only top quality service…two more steps are ahead: dehumidification and final clean up.
Dehumidification process. When everything is dry, the level of humidity in the area that was damaged must be measured. We install the dehumidification equipment and it will be there until we are sure the level of humidity at your home is normal. Everyday a technician will go to your home to check humidity level. After the level is at a considered normal, we remove the dehumidification equipment.
Finally, we clean-up and sanitize your home. After removing the dehumidification equipment, cleaning and sanitizing procedure is done again. Keep in mind that your safety and health is keystone for us.
At hiring trained and specialized in the Water Damage Restoration Process you will get top quality services. In our company we count with meticulous, efficient, responsible, honest and well competent in the field of water damage restoration. They are highly skillful. They will use their ultimate resources and restoration be perfect!
Restoration Control Advise About Water Damage
To know some important tips about water damage eventuality can prevent future damages as well as inform you in relation to how to act
- First, if your area is flood, evacuate it; and if you need to go into a flood area, wear rubber. Water damage can be harmful for you because you can be exposed to flood danger, contaminated water and mold growth.
- Second, shut off electricity and unplug electrical appliances to avoid shortcuts. Keep safe valuable items, such as documents or electronics.
- Third, to stop Water Damage. If you have identifying the origin, try to stop water and avoid more damages. For example, if the cause of the damage is a burst pipe or hot water tank leak, shut-off valves.
- Fourth, Open windows and door to air your home. This speed up the process of drying of your home. Ventilate the area will also avoid humidity odors. If you have a dehumidifiers or fan, this is the time you can use them to help water evaporate faster.
And to avoid future damages…
Try frequent maintenance (unclog them or replace them if they are damaged). Also inspect sump pumps annually. Sump pumps must be drain at least once a year.
Check water pressure, if it is too high, it damages pipes and plumbing fixtures. If your home’s water pressure is too high, a plumber can install a pressure reducing valve to adjust it down to safer levels.
Do regular maintenance to HVAC. Remember that broken HVAC spill water so it originates water damage.
Maintain plumbing properly; have a plumber to inspect your toilet, water pipes and valves; remember that water from septic tanks not only damage your items but it is hazardous for your health.
Never drop grease or oil down the drain; habitual disposal of oil-based liquids down the drain will lead to clogged pipes and can cause water to back up.
Watch out roof leaks. If you realized your roof is leaking, repair it immediately before the damage gets any worse.
Never doubt about calling us during water emergencies…restoration Control is a firm that arrives to Florida State to help everyone in urgent need…call us anytime…we have 24/7 services…well planned, skillful personnel, best equipment and practices…We can do it for you!