What is Biohazard
The exposure to wastes of biological or chemical origin carries out extremely serious health problems. The removal of those substances frees your environments of unhealthy as well as hazardous contaminants. Hiring Restoration Control you can be sure that your area will be cleaned and all disposals will be handled appropriately using the best procedures. We count with the best team specialized in biohazard clean-up restoration, ultimate equipments and top quality cleaning products to conduct a safe restoration procedure.
When talking about Biohazard clean-up, Restoration Control means not only “clean-up”: we careful decontaminate your home from material causing danger and worries to you and family. We specialized in:
- Crime scene residues
- Death or suicide accidents
- Homicide cleanup
- Accident cleanup
- Blood cleanup
- Animal waste/remains
- Sewage backups
- Chemical spills
- Tear gas cleanup
- Other situations involving biohazard compounds.
Our services have been tested for many clients who are absolutely satisfied with our work. We follow carefully all the official approved procedures to guarantee the restoration of an environment 100% free of hazardous substances, safe for everyone at home. We are there for you the 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day to rush and help you in any situation that requires Biohazard clean-up restoration. You can count with Restoration Control.
Biohazard clean-up restoration demands professional services because it is a highly risky moment for your integrity and health. Biological wastes are decomposed really fast…bacteria are spread around your home, contaminating all the spaces. Odors arrive also soon and that fetid air disturbs your peace and health. Doing the job by yourself? No way! When we say “hazardous” is because it is worst than you can imagine. Dead animal, sewage, blood or body fluids spilled around your place are hazardous for everyone because the exposure to those fluids is an open gate to infections. Also, the easy absorption of them by porous materials as carpets, drywall or concrete requires a quick cleaning process to avoid the spread of fluids. Last, but not least, biohazard wastes from human accidents affect anyone deeply emotionally.
The importance of Biohazard restoration for your health and your soul
Biohazard wastes are any kind of waste or biomedical waste that contains infectious material or potentially infectious substances like blood, body fluids, sewage or other wastes; also medical material such as needles or blades are also considered biohazard waste. Sewage backups and dark water introduce to your home harmful microorganisms. Blood and body fluids or tissue coming from human or animals are the source of pathogenic substances spread along your property. Production of illegal drugs that is volatile leaves harmful residues throughout residences or buildings. To face all these disposals, expert procedures must be carried out because you might be in hard danger. Other reason of hiring professionals is the emotional aspect.
When biohazard waste comes from crime scene, death or suicide, homicide or accident, your emotional state is deeply altered. Maybe you have seen the scene, human dregs like tissue, brain or extremities…of course you must feel really shocked. Professionals in the field of Biohazard clean-up restoration must attack soon the scene to remove all damages the biological waste. Do not even think about cleaning by yourself: it is harmful for your health, heart and mind. We can take charge of the cleaning process. We are respectful and compassionate about all that process. Restoration Control people are expert followers of Biohazard clean-up restoration.
Restoration Control Biohazard restoration
Following strict sanitary guidelines are always advisable when conducting Biohazard restoration. At Restoration control people know how to face any kind of biohazard waste in a safe, professional and expert manner. In sharp, we know how:
- Carry out a direct supervision of area to be treated. Detection of biological wastes might be hard to make. Specialized equipments must be used to detect blood traces. In case of dead animals, experts will know probable locations. In fact, it is a scientific work to be done.
- Design the action plan to fulfill the Biohazard clean-up. Once detection is made, it is imprescindible to organize the tasks in such a manner that it ends soon and effective.
Select all the materials and equipments to start the maneuver.
- Detection of biological waste requires the use of specialized equipment so our team knows what to use. Protective gears (suit, gloves, filtered respirators and chemical-spill boots) are ready to be used. Containers for biohazard waste are also carried by the team (heavy duty bags, hard plastic containers and other suitable).
- Remove damaged surfaces or material affected by biohazard waste. Porous materials get easily damped by fluids. Every material already detected as “biohazard infected” is removed and disposed at a licensed biohazard facility using the certified procedure.
- Clean floors and carpets. Believe it or not, floors (any kind of floor) absorb easily blood, body fluids or sewage bacteria. Cleaning of floors is done by layers; each layer, from the top to the bottom, is examined. If a first layer is infected, then using a procedimental removing technique, it is removed. Then the next layer is examined and if it is contaminated, it is also removed…till our people reach a “clean” layer. Carpets, on their side, must be removed and disposed appropriately.
- Remove odors that invade the environment. Blood, body fluids and sewage expel a fetid smell. Biohazard clean-up must include not only remove and cleaning, but also removing odors. Machinery, cleaning products and deodorizers are used to get fresh air. If necessary, air ducts are also treated.
- Provide your home a Certificate of Completion of Biohazard clean-up restoration. This certification guarantees your property was absolutely cleaned and sanitized. If you eventually sale your home, and future buyers inquires about biohazard issues, having the certificate assure your home is in perfect sanitary conditions.
- Count with experts from Restoration Control brings you the knowledge of having experts in charge of such a delicate maneuver. Call us for a free estimate.
Biohazard cleaning prices
Prices of a service usually scare anyone at the moment you have a casualty, especially a biohazard one that is so demanding and required of highly specialized service. According to Brian Klupper (manager for American Family Insurance) biohazard cleanup tends to cost double or triple what a water loss or building fire cleanup could be. He also mentions that he has managed claims of about $45,000 for a biohazard cleanup. Finally he concludes that sometimes restoration services treat all the biohazard situations following the same procedure, which is wrong; supervision and design of particular plan for the restoration service is always advisable.
Then, of course, there is a vast array of services and prices can be significantly different. It will also depend on what you expect, what you really need and what you deserve. When hiring a company for Biohazard restoration, you have to take into account the service it must include: Biohazard cleanup, odor removal and Biohazardous waste disposal fee.
About biohazard cleanup itself, prices for this service are affected by some issues like the kind of biohazard waste (body, animal, sewage); the time of exposure of the area to the biohazard situation, because when the area was exposed to biohazard damage for a long period of time, fluids and odor remains harder and the labor of restoration is harder then. And the number of people demanded for the job (which increases the price per person). Materials required of course, affect the budget. Prices may vary from $1,500 to $2,000 (in average).
Odor removal must definitely be included during biohazard cleanup. Opening the building and ventilating are for sure the first steps. But the real odor removal includes the use of specialized equipments as well as sanitization products that raise the costs.
Biohazardous waste disposal fee is determined by issues like the time or the size of waste bin that are used. Disposal of waste is divided into two types: biohazardous and regular trash. When a carpet is damaged by blood, the part with blood must be cut and disposed as biohazardous waste. The rest must be disposed also, but as a regular trash. Biohazardous trash must be always disposed separated and in special containers. Equipments used by the technicians during managing biohazardous waste must also drop in the biohazardous bin. Disposal of biohazardous waste must be certified and carried out in special places. Some companies may charge $250 per each 43 gallon red biohazardous waste bin.
Remember, always trust on Restoration Control. A company that can manage any biohazard cleanup service for you!