✅? Restoration Control


Call Today - 24/7 Emergency

Black Mold Removal

What causes black mold?

Black mold is an infestation that any house with a moisture problem could have and this has many consequences that may put your health at risk. This type of mold is a fungus of a very dark color that can grow on places prone to moisture like bathrooms and laundry rooms; another possible source of black mold is water damage on drywall, floor or ceiling, caused by leaks during the rainy season.

There are several types of fungus that can produce black mold, but there is a particular toxic black mold called Stachybotrys Chartarum that can release lethal mycotoxin spores to the environment. By inhaling these neurotoxines you may present some symptoms that could indicate mold poisoning.


People usually think, that black mold only could grow on areas constantly exposed to humidity like bathrooms or laundry rooms but some times the mold is located in buildings areas that you could not easily see such as underneath the carpets or between drywall layers. If your house has leaks or is located in an area with high humidity condition it is very probable that all the spaces of your house are prone to mold growth.

If you want to determine if your health is at risk due to the exposure of black mold, call to Restoration Control, we will send you an expert on mold removal to give you a free evaluation of the spaces of your house and determine if the inhabitants have been exposed to black mold.

Black mold health effects

Long-time exposure to black mold can bring serious consequences to your health. If the people living in your house are suffering from diseases of the respiratory tract such as asthma or seasonal allergies, or if one of your relatives has a weakened immune system, the exposure to toxins emanating from black mold can worsen their condition. The symptoms of mold poisoning are usually confused with allergies or a common cold, it is important to pay attention to the following symptoms to discard any possible mold poisoning.

  • Red and itchy eyes.
  • Runny nose
  • Stuffy nose
  • Coughing
  • Sneezing
  • An itchy or sore throat
  • Inflammation of the sinuses
  • Headaches

If you present some of the symptoms and you suspect that your house has a black mold infestation it is important to ask to your local health department for an analysis of the types of mold that could be at your house. A Long-exposure to high levels of black mold toxins may lead to other serious symptoms like memory loss, anxiety, general pain and cramps, trouble concentrating, among others. If you do not know where is located the health department that gives this service, contact to Restoration Control, we have highly trained professionals and the best equipment to determine the concentration of mold toxins inside your house.


How to get rid of black mold?

To eliminate the black mold properly it is necessary an exhaustive search in all the spaces of your house, by just treating the mold located in your bathroom or your laundry room you may leave aside possible fungal sources such as carpets and insulating material used between drywall panels, for this reason, it is important that your house will be inspected by professionals that have a trained eye, and skills that you may have not.

To avoid the exposure to the toxins of black mold, you must remove all the mold from all the surfaces, the removal process may require different techniques, depending on the area that must need to be treated. If the area you need to clean is the bathroom or the laundry room there are some commercial products that you could use to get rid of the mold.

There are other home-made alternatives that will function as well, you only need to mix one cup of bleach to one gallon of water, leave it for a few minutes over the surface to be treated and then scrub the area lightly. If the mold does not disappear after the scrubbing, apply again the cleaning mix and scrub it until the mold goes away.

If the area to be treated has porous items such as carpets and drywall insulating we highly recommend hiring a professional to remove the black mold; work on an area with high levels of toxins require special equipment and skills to do it in a safe way without risking your health. The technicians of Restoration control follow strict safety protocols to remove the black mold, by doing this they avoid further black mold infestation in other places of your house. It is also recommendable that after a mold removal process you also need to clean the filters and ducts of your AC system to prevent mold growth.

If you have a black mold infestation in your house, and you want to get rid of it call

Restoration Control, we have a highly trained personnel and the best equipment and protocols to remove the mold in a safe way. Do not take an unnecessary risk by trying of removal the black mold by yourself, long-term exposure to black mold may cause you a serious health problem. Contact Restoration Control and we will send you a professional for free advice on the removal process of the mold inside your house.

Call Restoration Control!